New Free Code Camp Cert

Certified Fresh

I got my back-end (now API and Microservice) cert today from Free Code Camp! https://www.freecodecamp.org/certification/shadowimmage/apis-and-microservices Hooray! It’s been a year since I started working through the Free Code Camp curriculum, and it feels good to finally have finished the API work. I feel like I have a pretty solid grasp now on how to build and arrange an API, which I hope will help me in the future when I try to do more API work. [Read More]

Logo Design

Designing and implementing a new logo

I spent my sick day today designing a new logo for the site using Inkscape. I knew that it had to be something that was unique, so I went online looking around for resources on designing and producing a logo. I know that SVGs are great, because you will never have scaling issues - if you need a larger version, you can simply export it at higher resolution. Or lower. [Read More]
post  hugo  update 

Hugo Gotchas

Gotchas In order of the issue being found: Is Strange (Hugo) (Template Logic) Hugo templates use strange logic - for conditional statements, Hugo uses Polish or prefix notation for the operators. This meas that instead of writing if this and that, you have to write if and this that. For more complex arrangements of logical conditions, say for a situation in which you need to check three conditions, you have to write it as: if and (first) ( and (second) (third)) which, in a infix notation style, would have been written if first and second and third. [Read More]
post  fyi  note  help 

New Site Structure

I took some time this week to look into all the code that I’ve been collecting and producing over the last year or more and began to assess where everything was being stored and hosted. Since I build a lot of demos and try out new technologies on a pretty consistent (if not sporadic) basis, this has led me to a state where I have several projects hosted on Heroku, on AWS, and offline. [Read More]
post  update 

New Static Site with Hugo

Built a new site, leaving Jekyll for Hugo, for my github.io page. Changes Moved all my old Jekyll files to a new subdirectory in order to maintain access to the old code and posts, and then transition all the content over to the main Hugo site as settings come together. One major advantage of Hugo is that the build process is super fast, so I’ve been looking at how to integrate CircleCI with Hugo builds. [Read More]
post  Hugo  update